This Content Developer job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s purposes and goals.
The Content Developer will ensure a continuous flow of relevant marketing content that requires a constant flow of ideas and proper execution.
The Content Developer is primarily tasked with coming up with creative content that catches the most eyeballs and answers just the audience's right questions.
The ideal candidate will have significant working experience as a content creator in a demanding work environment.
The content developer's primary duties and responsibilities include creating unique content based on compelling ideas, editing and proofreading the content for any errors or inconsistencies, and analyzing competitors' data to improve existing content strategies.
The ideal candidate will be willing to work in hard-work and result-driven environment and make the most of it.
Content Developer Job Responsibilities
- Come up with unique content ideas and strategies to reach marketing goals set by senior management.
- Work together with other departments to determine subjects and market areas to generate creative content.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with content staff to identify the market opportunities where effective and relevant content can impact.
- Maintain a balance between the content's creative authenticity and the technicalities such as SEO optimization, ensuring high search engine rankings and clicks.
- Create easy-to-understand content that engages users and gives them a helpful yet entertaining experience when browsing through our media channels.
- Manage every piece of content that goes out on the company’s behalf, ranging from newsletters, press releases, blog posts, and social media posts on various platforms.
- Analyze performance indicators and web traffic, identifying areas where the content requires improvement.
- Keep track of the existing content strategy performance.
- Ensure that the strategies that are not working well are replaced while the good performers are optimized and well maintained.
- Communicate new content ideas to the creative team to ensure they are aligned and produce the needed support material, such as photos, images, or videos.
- Proofread new content to avoid and correct errors.
- Create new web content daily and ensure that all deadlines are followed without jeopardizing the quality of the content.
- Other content-related duties as assigned by the senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, and Computer Science or a similar field.
- Significant and proven experience of working as a copywriter or a graphic designer in a fast-paced work environment.
- A firm grasp of the technicalities of working on content management software such as Photoshop and WordPress is necessary.
- Familiarity with working on SEO platforms, HTML, and CSS.
- Independent profile, willing to meet the deadlines.
- Analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Relevant writing industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Willingness to take the initiative and step up to take responsibility when nobody else is.
Content Developer Reports To
- Content Director.
- Marketing Director.
- Or Marketing Manager.
Got a comprehensive Content Developer job description?
Make sure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Content Developer job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.