This Media Production Manager job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s purposes and goals.
Media Production Manager Job Description
The Media Production process involves many management and administration right from the pre-production stage to the end of the shoot. Ensuring a smooth production process requires proper administration at every single step.
The Media Production Manager primarily works with budgeting and accounting responsibilities through the production process.
The suitable candidate will have administrative experience working in a fast-paced production environment. He/She should have worked with the cast and crew well-lead to give the best results on the screen.
The media production manager's major duties and responsibilities include administering the shooting process, scouting for locations, and overseeing transportation and accommodation for the cast and crew.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate should be willing to work in a challenging environment driven by the hunger for the best output.
Media Production Manager Job Responsibilities:
- The Media production manager is responsible for scouting locations for the shoot and preparing availability reports.
- Making all the financial arrangements required to secure the chosen location for the production process to begin.
- Work in collaboration with the producers to prepare a shooting schedule based on all the key members involved with the production.
- Keeping a tab on the shooting dates and informing the cast and crew accordingly.
- Take care of all the formalities concerning the shooting locations and the production process, so it moves ahead without any stoppages.
- Creating a production budget including the expenses for everything right from the personnel, locations, and the equipment used.
- Interacting with the producers regarding the budget and keeping them informed about the financial viability of the project.
- Assist in the recruitment process for members of the crew and stay in constant touch with them to provide constructive feedback.
- Solving any production issues that arise on the set regarding the location or personnel to ensure a fast-paced and efficient production process.
- Taking care of the transportation and accommodation for all the cast and crew and ensuring that no issues arise.
- Being available to solve any issues regarding the personnel, location, or equipment used in the production process.
- Keeping a tab on the production equipment and staying in touch with the suppliers ensures quick delivery when necessary.
- Prepare the daily production report detailing how the day’s production process went and suggesting any changes or improvements that can be made to make it smoother.
- Organizational skills are a must for any good media production manager to administer the production process that involves several individuals playing distinct roles.
- Accounting and budgeting skills are also necessary to keep track of the production budget.
- People skills are also required as the media production manager must maintain a good working relationship with equipment suppliers and people responsible for the shooting locations.
- Keeping a tab on the rules and regulations and ensuring that none of them are broken during the production process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts management, journalism and mass communication, media studies, and other related fields such as theatre.
- A significant working experience in a fast-paced production environment.
Media Production Manager Reports To:
- Line Producer.
Got a comprehensive Media Production Manager job description?
Make sure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Media Production Manager job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.