The Media Specialist is a role that takes care of managing and executing all types of media campaigns. In some cases, the title is confused with a position related to taking care of audio-visual equipment. In current times, the media specialist is more commonly seen as someone that deals with digital or traditional media buy and execution.
What does a Media Specialist do?
The media specialist develops and implements planning strategies for the day-to-day management of paid digital marketing campaigns, including paid search, display, and social advertising strategies across both B2B and B2C businesses.
The media specialist’s position focuses and prioritizes media pitching and writing as one of its leading roles.
He/She is responsible for leading our digital/print media-related marketing efforts.
The media specialist focuses on expanding the reach to new audiences and customers across online, print, and broadcast media.
Media Specialist Job Description Sample
The media specialist supports the team with the ongoing management, development, and execution of multiple projects like advertising campaigns, business meetings, and brand goals.
The media specialist should demonstrate an understanding of the marketplace, media landscape, and other marketing-related resources, services, and strategies to drive growth.
The media specialist should understand the concepts, conversational language for reaching and understanding a variety of audiences. He/She should translate highly technical information into engaging stories, collaborating with communication professionals.
The media specialist should stay informed of the key achievements, information, and development of the particular event in which the content is being created, enabling social media content to be published onto various media platforms.
Media Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement media strategies.
- Construct and strengthen relationships with reporters, producers, podcasts, and other traditional & non-traditional media outlets.
- Provide communication support to the company’s leaders and members for various events, including media interviews, press releases, and build strategic documents.
- Identify new target audiences and developing concepts in and around them by bringing perspective to their requirements.
- Assist in tracking and managing the media and press metrics.
- Draw the right tools and strategies for the implementation of better communication with the audience.
- Build high-performance initiatives and programs with the sales and marketing team.
- Envision complicated situations and problems to break them down into simpler ways with clear communication.
- Lead the team efficiently for result-driven solutions and business growth-related discoveries.
- Drive and analyze data to grow long term targeting strategies and client campaigns for initiating business growth
Media Specialist Skills/Abilities/Knowledge
- Experience in journalism or public relations will be preferred.
- Experience with visual communication principles.
- Identify roles and values related to any given topic and outright the high volume work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required.
- Ability to respond quickly to complicated situations.
- Ability to work in high-pressure and stressed situations with minimal to no directions at times.
- Ability to work with leaders effectively and efficiently in complex and challenging environments.
- Should be solution-oriented with budget management plans.
- Additional qualification in web design or animation is a plus.
- Ability to manage different time zones, multiple projects, details, deadlines, and relationships at the same time.
- Experience or knowledge of web analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel to make regular reports for leads.
Media Specialist Reports To:
How much does a Media Specialist Make?
Based on an average of four job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Media Production Manager is $40,000/year in the USA. In contrast, the average salary is $52,566/year, and the higher paid ones make $70,624/year on average.
The Media Specialist’s job involves operating media strategy and execution, generating sales, and building brands.
The position can be specialized in different media, and the most common currently is social media.
This Media Specialist job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to use it for your next job post.
Make sure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Media Specialist job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.