A Sales Intern is generally a part-time or a temporary position meant to help a beginner learn the different nuances of a profession. A Sales Intern generally assists the sales team in almost every aspect of the sales chain process.
What is a Sales Intern Position?
Sales interns analyze the functioning and learn how the sales market works and which field they are the most inclined towards.
A Sales Intern’s position is an assisting position. Their job is to give support to each member of the sales team to produce better results. For that reason, a significant chunk of their job includes making reports, searching for consumer information, presenting data, and seeking new opportunities for the sales team.
A Sales Intern can be expected to perform sales and administrative tasks. Therefore, they could be analyzing sales performance, create understandable reports for the same, and provide necessary information to appropriate people at the right time.
What Does a Sales Intern Do?
A Sales Intern helps to create sales presentations and reports to help the sales team better analyze its performance. They team up with the salesman to discover new ways to grow by pitching fresh and innovative ideas to help make the company’s functioning smoother and more effective.
The sales intern may research the market environment, competitor prices, and competing products to create reports. When researching, they aim to search for sale opportunities, prices, usual competitor discounts, and general ideas from the market by observing client purchases to attend to their needs.
Assisting the sales team in routine tasks such as cross-selling ideas, up-selling ideas, follow-ups, creating product launch information, and creating proposals.
They eventually become a direct touch-point for consumers to contact the company when supporting the sales team with customer service.
Interns will be required to complete a sales training.
Sales Intern Job Description Sample
The Sales Intern will assist the sales team in organizing, reporting, and analyzing client data and sales.
She/He will be tasked with performing administrative and sales tasks, ranging from keeping the sales team informed about client’s information, analyzing and reporting sales performance, and provide timely, relevant information to the appropriate people.
The sales intern’s major duties include creating reports, presenting data, searching and presenting clients’ information, supporting sales on daily sales tasks, searching for new opportunities, and presenting it to the sales team.
- Develop sales presentations, including research and potential sales pitch across products and multiple product categories.
- Support reporting the sales team’s performance, preparing presentations, and present it when required.
- Research competitor’s prices, products, and marketing initiatives.
- Support Sales Representatives on staff product training.
- Assist sales team in solving problems that the customers face answering their requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist sales team in daily activities such as follow-up, cross-selling and up-selling ideas, proposals, product launch information, and direct channel sales support.
- Capture basic information from various labs, such as product focus to expand the CRM database.
- Maintaining organized sales information.
- Propose ideas to help maximize sales and build upon existing strategies that have provided great results in the past.
- Maintain a smooth flow of feedback throughout the sales team and encourage an environment of constructive and healthy criticism.
- Maintain the inventory, keep an eye on the timely completion of all the required paperwork, and enhance the business’s operational smoothness.
- Work towards maintaining a positive relationship with all our esteemed customers.
- Assist the new staff in handling customer problems and initiating them with the company’s work culture.
- Complete requested Sales Intern training.
- Pursuing completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- An interest in working in sales and a familiarity with the current sales techniques.
- Experience in a campus leadership position is highly preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills are required to deal with internal and external customers. Communicates his/her ideas clearly and concisely by explaining complex topics in easy-to-understand terms.
- An awareness of everything commercial in the current day and age and business understanding and familiarity with the business world’s major happenings.
- Good writing skills. Usually clear and easy to understand.
- Motivational skills to lift the morale of the sales team whenever necessary.
- Willing to learn, actively solicits feedback and constructive criticism from others.
How Much Does a Sales Intern Make?
A Sales Intern’s job is not usually a full-time job. Therefore, they are paid accordingly, making their base pay relatively low. The average salary of a Sales Intern is about USD 14 / hour.
Based on an average of four job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Sales Intern is $20,333/year in the USA, while the average salary is $34,267, and the higher paid ones make $61,167.
A Sales Intern position is that of a curious and inquisitive person. They should be willing to analyze and develop their professional personality throughout the term of the internship.
The major role of a Sales Intern is that of an assistant to the entire sales team to ensure comfortable and smooth organizational functioning.
This Sales Intern job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s hiring purposes and goals. Do not duplicate this content as an article on the Internet.
Make sure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Sales Intern job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.