WordPress Developer Job Description
As the need for organizations to improve their online presence increases, many organizations are shifting to WordPress as their preferred website design and development platform.
The WordPress developer takes care of creating the design, the overall website UI/UX, besides developing it on WordPress.
Without further ado, let’s learn more about their rules and responsibilities.
What is a WordPress Developer?
WordPress developer is the brain behind these amazing WordPress features. The WordPress developer designs, implements, and manages the WordPress platform to ensure these amazing features are functional.
WordPress developer specializes in the ecosystem, platform, and infrastructure of WordPress. By maintaining the WordPress ecosystem, WordPress developers help thousands of website users with little or no expertise in coding to develop websites using WordPress.
The job of a WordPress developer involves both the front-end and the back-end development of WordPress to ensure the theme, plugin, and other aspects of WordPress are functional.
The primary objective of a WordPress developer is to improve the user experience of WordPress website users by focusing on the physical outlook, navigability, shareability, SEO ranking, and content. The metrics are determined by both the client specification and company policy.
What Is The Job of a WordPress Developer?
The primary function of a WordPress developer is to improve the user experience on a WordPress website. Thus, they might focus on creating new products, improving plugins and themes, improving the WordPress software, customizing the WordPress site, or working with clients to create a new site.
Threfore, the job of a WordPress developer cannot be defined in a few sentences since they do what needs to be done to improve the user experience.
Being responsible for both the front-end and back-end development, they ensure the platform is regularly updated to meet industry standards and customer expectations.
WordPress Developer Job Description Sample
The WordPress developer must have a strong understanding of the basic coding and structure of WordPress.
While developing a website through WordPress doesn’t require coding skills, the WordPress developer must have expert knowledge on creating unique websites to support the client in designing a website that meets their needs.
Once a client has established that they need a website and determined their needs, the WordPress developer works with the client to ensure these requirements are fulfilled in the designed website.
The WordPress developer must establish a website development guide and develop the website architecture to ensure the site is attractive, user-friendly, and navigable.
Further, the role is responsible for training the user, troubleshooting technical issues, and resolving any website-related challenges.
WordPress Developer Job Responsibilities:
- Planning, designing, implementing and maintaining new features and functionality on WordPress-designed website.
- Establishing and guiding the website architecture to ensure that the designed website meets the client’s needs, industry standards, and client budget.
- Managing all the technical aspects of CMS (content management system) to ensure the system is high-performance, readily available, and with minimum technical challenges.
- Meeting clients and discussing client challenges to identify the best theme, plugins, and other website aspects to meet client challenges.
- Designing the website back-end to ensure the backup and server integration are well managed.
- Collaborating with the creative team to formulate an effective and responsive
- Ides and turning the ideas into website theme, plugin or other website aspects.
- Building website front-Ent and conducting website performance tests to ensure the website performance is optimized.
- Manage and monitor the performance of a live website.
- Prepare and maintain the transferable code. Ensuring all the steps, performance tests, quality-control tests, and reusable codes are well maintained for easy transferability.
- Staying updated on any industry changes in website development, legislation, environmental concerns, and practices to ensure the company and clients are compliant.
WordPress Developer Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with a strong background in software development.
- Work p\experience in WordPress website development.
- Proven experience working with debugging tools like Mercurial,SVN, and Git.
- Ability to lead a team and work well in a team.
- Strong understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to design responsive websites using WordPress.
WordPress Developer Reports To
- Director Of Technology
How Much Does a WordPress Developer Make?
Based on an average of five job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a WordPress developer is $38,698/year in the USA, while the average salary is $63,098, and the higher paid ones make $100,954.
Globally, WordPress is a leading open-source software platform, which can be used by anyone with little coding competence to set up a website. Ease of use, attractive colors, easily navigable, highly optimized, and user-friendly features make WordPress a great platform.
This job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to use this outline for your company’s hirings purposes and goals. Do not republish this job description for commercial purposes or in blog posts.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this WordPress developer job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.