This Director of Marketing and Communications job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for your company’s hiring purposes and goals. Do not duplicate this content through an article on the Internet.
What Is the Director of Marketing and Communications (also Marketing Communications Director)?
The director of marketing and communication (or Marketing Communications Director) is in charge of all facets of a company’s brand and product marketing. They are in charge of strengthening and facilitating the company’s partnership with other companies. They lead the marketing team to ensure these tasks were appropriately assigned.
Coordinating, organizing, and implementing marketing strategies, working on the marketing budget, developing customer service processes, and researching growth opportunities, can be part of their job. Many of their responsibilities are related to a public relations professional, as they’ll combine publicity, advertisement, and media relations techniques to help a company’s brand and goods.
They are in charge of the company’s marketing strategies. They figure out the best price for a product, create campaigns focused on a target audience, and promote it.
Director of Marketing And Communications Job Description Sample
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for developing, planning, budgeting, and implementing marketing strategies for all organization business units.
She/He will direct and measure the impact of the marketing and public relation strategies implemented internally and externally.
The duties include organizing, directing, and monitoring the entire marketing staff’s efforts to effectively reach its target audience and attend to consumers’ needs with the appropriate marketing message and go-to-market strategy.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will also be required to collaborate and strategize with other functional areas, such as sales, engineering, and design.
Director of Marketing And Communications Job Responsibilities:
- Direct audience/consumer research, competitive analysis to identify opportunities in the market that can be exploited and worked on.
- Strategize and collaborate with the sales and product management teams to develop compact go-to-market strategies for existing products and services while coming up with new marketing ideas based on the research.
- Collaborate with the R&D department and finding the feasibility of the products and services to maintain smooth communication both externally and internally.
- Nurture leads and engage customers by directing the development and execution of a sound digital marketing strategy based on market and consumer research.
- Develop the required changes in the digital marketing strategy based on timely data given by analytical tools.
- Direct social media efforts on various social networks, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Expand partnership with social media influencers to increase the company’s brand reach and strength.
- Track the performance of marketing strategies implemented and come up with timely modifications to nurture more leads online.
- Plan and spearhead marketing events and other campaigns to strengthen public relations and our company’s presence where it matters the most.
- Collaborate with content teams and distributing partners to ensure an integrated marketing strategy that works smoothly on all its levels.
- Develop an annual marketing budget and keeping track of the resource needs for proper long-term and short-term scheduling.
- Keep track of the performing and non-performing aspects of the marketing strategy at all levels of the business.
- Perform other vital duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with the composure required to thrive under pressure.
- Always willing to learn and grow as a leader and professional.
- A successful track record in senior marketing roles and experience in the industry a must.
- Strong motivational skills to drive the team for self-motivation in challenging times.
- Familiarity with essential digital marketing tools and technologies.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in marketing communication or a related post where the same set of marketing and leadership skills have been used.
- Experience with print marketing and social media marketing will be preferred.
- An eye for innovation and the willingness to take the initiative when everybody else is hesitant to step up.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to create a message and lay out strategies that the marketing team can easily understand.
- A healthy level of diplomacy and discretion while dealing with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong knowledge in using data software such as CRM and Microsoft Office Suite.
- MBA required.
- The CEO
- VP of Marketing
How Much Does a Director of Marketing And Communications Make?
The base salary of a Director of Marketing And Communications ranges from $61,485 – $149,791. The average base salary is $103,001/year based on the average of six web search/salary research websites.
Got a Comprehensive Director of Marketing And Communications Job Description?
Make sure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Director of Marketing And Communications Specialist job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.