A Senior Graphic Designer is a vital position for a company’s creative presence. They are responsible for creating visually appealing designs for the company’s artwork, from traditional and digital ads to point of sales material.
They can support the leadership of a team of creatives and take the needs from the internal and external clients to the team’s pipeline, ensuring the accomplishment of the designs needed.
What does a Senior Graphics Designer do?
The senior graphic designer will work with the Creative Director, Design Director, and Art Director to execute, produce exhibitions, point of purchase material, ads, and build the brand enthusiasm.
The senior graphic designer will oversee the design projects from end to end, starting from conceptualization to completion.
He/She should explore different design layouts and be involved in the process of production of the same.
The senior graphic designer coordinates with creative members with different expertise, like writers, designers, marketers, and photo editors.
As support management of the team, the senior graphic designer produces finished pieces, ensuring quality and on-time delivery.
Senior Graphics Designer Job Description Sample
The senior graphic designer will be responsible for tracking feedback and approvals from the clients. They manage all requests, delegate tasks to the designers, and review the work to ensure high-quality output.
He/She must be well-aware of the current design trends, marketing trends, tools and techniques, and design software programs.
The senior graphic designer implements a strong brand identity and guidelines for maintaining brand consistency throughout all marketing projects.
The senior graphic designer is also responsible for managing systems, updates, and maintaining the accuracy of the client’s website to keep up with the brand and design standards.
Senior Graphics Designer Job Responsibilities
- Brainstorm different creative theme ideas and designs to support design projects.
- Oversee conceptualization of design projects.
- Create execution plans for projects and see them through to completion.
- Produce different style guides, presentations, and project visualization for the creatives team.
- Develop direction in workable elements like sketches, graphics, and illustrations.
- Advise on the elements of designs, calligraphy, typography, colors.
- Serves as the lead of the design team, ensuring quality work from the creatives team.
- Conceptualize original and unique designs and illustrations.
- Design and code various digital marketing materials such as templates, emails, website designs, and banners.
- Coordinate and assist in putting together graphics-related components in exhibitions.
- Coordinate with printing and production for exhibition purposes.
- Prepare reports on a daily, weekly regular basis to check the development progressions of the projects.
- Coordinate between marketing and design teams to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Tracks and reports to the team and give feedback to ensure effectiveness in work.
Senior Graphics Designer Skills/Abilities/Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in design or any similar related/equivalent field.
- Knowledge in animation and motion design software.
- Highly skilled in adobe design software like adobe photoshop, illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience with both print and digital designs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and to work on close deadlines.
- Ability to communicate (both oral and written) with a diverse section of people from different professional backgrounds, from educators to scientists and fellow creatives.
- Should be a creative thinker with imaginative skills and curious learner.
- Ability to lead a team in a time-bound environment.
- Great aesthetic sense, creative thinking with attention to detail.
- Practical and environmental design experience.
What’s the Salary of a Senior Graphic Designer ?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Graphic Designer is $ 46,333/year in the USA, while the average salary is $ 63,641, and the higher paid ones make $ 95,333.
To accomplish their responsibilities, a graphic designer has to support the management of the team and produce finished pieces, ensuring quality and on-time delivery.
This Graphic Design job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s recruitment purposes. Do not copy to post it on the Internet for commercial purposes.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Graphic Design job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.