An Inside Sales Manager is a professional who takes care of sales of products and services remotely. They usually work with business-to-business products, but not limited to it. They are responsible for setting sales goals, tracking sales, producing sales reports, forecasting, and budgets.
Let’s dive deeper into the position responsibilities and the intricacies of the job function.
What Is Inside Sales?
Inside sales are the activities of selling a company’s products or services remotely. Usually, the inside sales rep reaches their customers via digital channels (in which email is the main one) or phone. The inside sales term became popular in the late 90s to differentiate from outside sales (presential sales).
Inside salespeople are also different from what is known as telemarketing. Usually, an inside sale is a more creative person that doesn’t have a pre-written script to follow. They are also related to a higher ticket sale and a business-to-business operation. Most recently, it became one of the main methods of sales for SaaS products.
What Is The Difference Between Inside And Outside Sales?
Outside sales, also known as field sales, are when the salesperson meets with customers in person. On the other hand, inside sales stand for selling a company’s products or services remotely.
There are more differences than that. Usually, outside salespeople don’t spend time at the office, and they are generally traveling to meet with clients. Inside sales are all the time working either in the office or at home.
We have to highlight some benefits of using both. Inside sales will spend much more time selling than outside sales because they won’t be traveling. For that reason, the inside sales are cheaper to maintain. Another important aspect is that inside sales will answer questions and consultations much faster due to no lead time in transportation. The last clear benefit is the easiness to increase the team. The reason for that relies on the fact that you don’t need to have this specific person in geographic areas your clients are. This is not the case with the outside sales team.
There are benefits for outside sales as well. The most important one is that the relationship they build with the client is stronger. For that reason, they have a higher closing rate.
What does an Inside Sales Manager do?
The inside sales manager develops and executes the business plan for a better reach, and their primary goal is to ensure the success of a company’s sales department.
The inside sales manager is responsible for setting sales goals, tracking sales, producing sales reports, completing monthly forecasting, and setting department budgets.
They manage the client relationship and provides the client with the best offers and services to build and secure a trustworthy relationship between the client and the company.
The inside sales managers also conduct analyses to determine potential clients while maintaining relationships with the existing ones.
Inside Sales Manager Job Description
The inside sales manager should collaborate with the sales team to ensure the smooth running of the sales department.
The inside sales manager’s job also entails maintaining and growing the consistency of customer chain support by the sales and regular sales calls apart from setting sale goals and ensuring efficient processes to achieve them/
They are responsible for transmitting all customer-related issues to the sales management team to ensure a seamless movement of information.
Inside Sales Manager Job Responsibilities
- Set and monitor sales goals.
- Present weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly sales goals for the inside sales team.
- Oversee the inside sales team, their hiring, training, and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Keep track of sales and generate reports that cover sales forecasting, goals, and results.
- Suggest improvements to sales processes.
- Understand customer behavior, their needs, and requirements to meet their satisfaction.
- Maintain and grow the reach of the database within the assigned territory for sales development.
- Perform excellent online demonstrations and prospectus to attract new customer’s interest in the company’s products.
- Be an active part of all the sales meetings to learn new techniques of the sales field.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching, analyzing, and identifying databases of the potential prospectus for driving the company’s sales growth.
Inside Sales Manager Skills and Knowledge
- Should have a minimum of one year or more experience.
- Experience in B2B sales or equivalent experience within the Commercial Real Estate industry
- Prior expertise in working with client management services and a strong record in providing excellent and satisfactory customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Quick learner and problem solver with strong interpersonal communication and creative thinking skills.
- Good knowledge about dealing with complex situations and customers with conflicting nature.
- Ability to provide quick responses and solutions to customers’ issues.
- Experience in sales, telecommunications, and cold calling.
- Knowledge of meeting rooms for web presentations like Zoom, Microsoft office suite and Salesforce.com.
- Ability to handle multiple complex calls everyday.
- Ability to multitask, engage and understand the customer’s needs.
- Prior experience with working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sales and work proficiently with minimum supervision and advisory from the seniors.
Inside Sales Manager Reports To
- Inside Sales Director
- Sales Director
- VP of Sales
How Much Does an Inside Sales Manager Make?
Based on an average of five job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of an Inside Sales Manager is $48,282/year in the USA, while the average salary is $76,479, and the higher paid ones make $115,897.
This Inside Sales job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for your company’s hirings purposes and goals.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Inside Sales job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.