Lead Developer is an essential role in the competitive code development industry. They are in charge of managing front-end, back-end, full-stack, or software development teams.
Let’s dive deep into the job title meaning.
What does a Lead Developer do?
A lead developer directs and guides the application team in design, coding, testing, researching & analyzing developments.
The lead developer constantly monitors the project life cycle to manage the costs and schedule of the lead projects.
They will keep updated about all the major and minor changes in the project and maintain an impact analysis report to provide to the team.
The lead developer should ensure the quality check of the workflow, mappings, and all the necessary technical requirements of the development team.
He/She must navigate the team towards the latest technology trends for producing and delivering only the best.
Lead Developer Job Description
The lead developer manages, analyzes, plans, designs, and constructs information. He/She should be familiar with team management and technical methodology-based applications to ensure a smooth sail directing a team.
The lead developer should be open to different ideas, suggestions, opinions, and constructive criticism for the entire team’s better and collective growth & development. This will ensure a healthy, comfortable, and dynamic work environment for one and all.
Lead Developer Job Responsibilities
- Provides and support a strategic vision that integrates a broad range of ideas for applications and software developments.
- Work on web and software development projects within different disciplines which influences multiple areas of the business.
- Work closely with the product manager, business analyst, and chief engineer to develop the technical design and solutions.
- Be an integral part of the lifecycle of software or web development.
- Analyze, code, test, implement, and update existing or new software and web applications to find solutions to the current company’s technology needs.
- Assess the hiring process of the team selection to ensure the balance between selecting skilled and experienced as required by the project.
- Provide solutions to technical difficulties and complex issues that might affect various fields and subject areas simultaneously.
- Coordinate with other team members and provide the tangible end product.
- Use a process-driven method to approach design solutions.
- Mentor other peer engineers with workflow and complex software solution buildings with your skills and experience.
- Work collectively with the product owner, program leadership, and others and support them in resolving hitching issues.
- Plan your development tasks accordingly to improve and grow your performance bar considerably.
Lead Developer Skills/Abilities/Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming or any other related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Quick problem-solving skills with exceptional aptitude and reasoning.
- Good orator, presenter with influencing skills to manage and negotiate complex conflicting resolutions.
- Ability to frame ideas in words to provide a perspective and outcome from analysing them.
- Proven work experience of 5-9 years in a similar or related field, like architecture and design.
- Experience in leading, managing, mentoring a team of junior developers.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java Script
- Good understanding of other code documentation like Git, Jenkins, Subversion.
- Familiar with Linux/UNIX designing software.
- Professional experience in coding and database management.
- Good interpersonal communication skills to work in a friendly workplace environment.
- Adaptive and up for cross-functional collaborations to achieve common goals for the growth and development of the same.
Position reports to:
- Principal Software Engineer
- VP of Technology
- Director of Technology
How much does a Lead Developer make?
Based on an average of four job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Lead Developer is $71,832/year in the USA, while the average salary is $115,112, and the higher paid ones make $163,333.
Lead Developers have a significant role to play in the company’s web development projects. They create unique user experiences on various platforms and are passionate about the latest coding languages.
This job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s hiring purposes and goals. Do not duplicate this content as an article on the Internet.
Make sure you send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Lead Developer job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.