In today’s competitive market, the role of a business development associate cannot be underestimated. As a direct link between the organization and its clients, the business development associate serves as a liaison between customers and the company conducting the role of informing, reminding, and reinforcing the company’s commitment to excellent customer service.
A business development associate is a critical face in initiating, strengthening, and forging relationships with customers, partners, and other critical stakeholders.
What Is A Business Development Associate Position?
The business development position is a liaison between the organization’s strategy and deliverables. The business development associate breathes life into the strategic plan by setting and achieving the goals, objectives, and strategies in the organization’s strategic plan.
This is achieved s by contacting and building a great relationship with existing clients and new clients. By conducting market research and constantly listening to client ideas, the business development associate supports the company in identifying potential growth areas and expanding the existing product portfolio.
Sponsored Content – Posts And Ads You May Like:
They collaborate with the marketing department, production manager, and head of sales to increase brand awareness and grow sales. Business development associates can also assist in branding, designing and developing marketing materials, analyzing market competition, and generating new leads for the business.
What Does A Business Development Associate Do?
The primary role of the business development associate is to drive business growth through the major deliverables like increased market share, increased revenue, increased brand visibility, strong online presence, new product development, and high customer retention.
These objectives can be achieved by strategically managing customer complaints and concerns, delivering world-class customer service, identifying and supplying business opportunities to existing clients, developing new brands and markets, and adequately and timely responding to customer concerns and complaints.
The major purpose of the business development associate is to develop, promote and sell a solution to customers through training, consultancy, direct marketing, and resourcing to existing and new clients. Through this, the business development associate can communicate the value proposition of the company’s products and services to new clients, existing clients, and the entire industry.
The business development associate must be self-driven, energetic, enthusiastic, result-driven, and highly passionate about customer service.
Business Development Associate Job Description Sample
The job of a business development associate is to meet sales targets by identifying and implementing winning sales strategies to support the organization in achieving its overall goal.
For example, suppose the goal of the organization is to grow revenue by 20% this year. In that case, the business development associate will break it down into numbers and work out a budget to meet the yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily targets.
If the organization hopes to achieve $250,000, the business development associate will set a target to meet this goal. Thus, every quarter, they must generate $62,500, and each month, they must generate $ 20,834 sales.
If we break this further down, the business development associate must generate $ 5,209 and a daily target of $ 1,042.
To achieve this number the business development associate will support the business development area to explore new business opportunities besides exploring and optimizing the current business that the company is in.
Business Development Associate Job Responsibilities
- Identify potential areas of growth and initiate marketing activities with the target clients to foster sales.
- Build a strong business relationship with existing and new clients to enhance brand dominance and market share.
- Provide excellent customer service, including relationship visits and relationship management to strengthen the relationship with key accounts.
- Develop a great understanding of existing and new products and find innovative ways of developing new products and improving existing products.
- Grow the uptake of products by acquiring new clients through active selling, customer engagements, strategic collaboration, and internal marketing.
- Conduct regular market research to provide trends, insights, and data to produce in product development and re-design.
- Identify potential partnerships and create a strong referral network.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with existing clients to ensure client retention.
- Continuously engage, inform, and remind the customers of new product features or any changes in the organization.
- Support the overall objectives of the organization by constantly meeting sales targets.
Business Development Associate Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing in a business-related field.
- Proven work experience working in business development.
- Ability to identify trends, which provide potential growth areas.
- Critical thinker with the ability to deduce facts from myths
- Demonstrated competency in bossiness growth and development
- Proven ability to meet and surpass sales targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player with proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- Self-driven and result-oriented person.
- Diligent, honest, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
Business Development Associate Reports to
- Business Development Supervisor
- Business Development Coordinator
- Business Development Manager
What’s the Salary of a Business Development Associate?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Business Development Analyst is $37,475/year in the USA, while the average salary is $54,042, and the higher paid ones make $83,750.
A business development associate is expected to have an analytical skillset with solid communication and presentation skills to accomplish their responsibilities. It requires a person to be proactive and multitasker to support essential areas for the company’s growth.
This Business Development Associate job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to use this outline for you and your company’s hiring purposes and goals.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Business Development Associate job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.