Content Developers are creative and knowledgeable professionals in creating highly optimized, industry informational, and creative material. They come up with new ideas and writings that keep the audience entertained and updated.
Let’s dive deeper into the content developer position.
What is a Content Developer?
Almost every organization needs to do marketing to reach the right set of audience. That’s where the Content Developer plays a crucial role. As a content developer, an individual is expected to be creative, dedicated, have excellent writing skills, and more.
Primarily, the content developer’s responsibility is to create unique and eye-catching content for the business that immediately attracts the readers and forces them to take action immediately. Also, knowing how to use content management software is a plus.
Sponsored Content – Posts And Ads You May Like:
A Content Developer gathers information, writes, organizes, and edits content for marketing or publication on various websites. They write the information that we see on the Internet or blogs or advertisements.
In addition to being associated with a company or an agency, content developers also work as freelancers. However, the work remains similar, and the only difference is they’re all by themselves.
What Does a Content Developer Do?
Managing the content department can be a simple or a complex task, depending upon the type of business.
Content developers create a powerful strategy according to the latest content trends going on in the market, taking into account the company’s goals.
They are the ones who stay in touch with other departments for generating creative and excellent content.
They not only write new articles but also update the existing ones according to the SEO optimization required.
They manage content calendars for social media platforms or website blogs to ensure the audience has something new to read every day or week, besides keeping every platform up-to-date.
When the content is outsourced, they will review, edit, and proofread it before publishing it on the main source.
They listen to feedback, analyze content performance, and identify the areas of improvement.
Content Developer Job Description Sample
The Content Developer will ensure a continuous flow of relevant marketing content that requires being supported by creative ideas and hands-on execution.
The Content Developer is primarily tasked to create content that catches the most eyeballs and answers just the audience’s right questions.
The ideal candidate will have significant working experience as a content creator in a demanding work environment.
The content developer’s primary duties and responsibilities include creating unique content based on compelling ideas, editing and proofreading the content for any errors or inconsistencies, and analyzing competitors’ data to improve existing content strategies.
The ideal candidate will be willing to work in a result-driven environment and make the most of it.
Content Developer Job Responsibilities
- Come up with unique content ideas and strategies to reach marketing goals set by senior management.
- Work together with other departments to determine subjects and market areas to generate creative content.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with content staff to identify the market opportunities to impact effective and relevant content.
- Maintain a balance between the content’s creative authenticity and the technicalities such as SEO optimization, ensuring high search engine rankings and clicks.
- Create easy-to-understand content that engages users and gives them a helpful yet entertaining experience when browsing through our media channels.
- Manage every piece of content that goes out on the company’s behalf, ranging from newsletters, press releases, blog posts, and social media posts on various platforms.
- Analyze performance indicators and web traffic, identifying areas where the content requires improvement.
- Keep track of the existing content strategy performance.
- Ensure that the strategies that are not working well are replaced while the good performers are optimized and well maintained.
- Communicate new content ideas to the creative team to ensure they are aligned and produce the needed support material, such as photos, images, or videos.
- Proofread new content to avoid and correct errors.
- Create new web content daily and ensure that all deadlines are followed without jeopardizing the quality of the content.
- Other content-related duties as assigned by the senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, and Computer Science or a similar field.
- Significant and proven experience of working as a copywriter or a graphic designer in a fast-paced work environment.
- A firm grasp of the technicalities of working on content management software such as Photoshop and WordPress is necessary.
- Familiarity with working on SEO platforms, HTML, and CSS.
- Independent profile, willing to meet the deadlines.
- Analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Relevant writing industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Willingness to take the initiative and step up to take responsibility when nobody else is.
Content Developer Reports To
- Marketing and Communications Director.
- Content Director.
- Marketing Director.
- Or Marketing Manager.
How Much Does a Content Developer Make?
The content developer handles one of the most important company areas. The base salary ranges from $43k – $101k. The average base salary is $66,179/ year based on the average of five web search/salary research websites.
A Content Developer position is for those creative and skilled people. They should be willing to analyze and develop their creativity and industry experience throughout their working time.
For writing an article about the company’s products, they have to have the eyes of the avid industry readers.
Hiring the correct candidate for this position can bring more sales and help with SEO traffic. This Content Developer job description sample can help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified professionals. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s purposes and goals.
Make sure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Content Developer job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.