The Junior Project Manager supports the project director or the project manager in the development of the project workflow between the various business areas. Let’s take a deeper look at this job position.
What Is A Junior Project Manager?
Project management is a complex process requiring several coordinated tasks to ensure project completion within the right time and budget. The junior project manager works closely with the project manager or project director to support the project completion.
By serving as a medium between the project manager and the rest of the team, the junior project manager identifies the risks or challenges that can lead to project delay and communicates this information to the project manager.
By keeping the entire team on schedule, the junior project manager determines the chances of project completion within schedule and arranges for an extension on time. Further, by being the first touchpoint with the project, the junior project manager is the first to identify and respond to challenges arising in operational activities.
What Does A Junior Project Manager Do?
Under the leadership and guidance of the project director or project manager, the junior manager coordinates all the activities and stakeholders required for project completion.
They schedule project meetings between the clients and project manager, conduct the project meetings, communicate the project assignments to all teams involved in the project, communicate the expectation or deliverables required from each team member, and track the deliverable to enhance project quality.
The junior project manager performs a range of administrative tasks designed to keep the project director well informed on the project progress. They communicate essential project information, create project templates, review and edit project deliverables, and maintain confidential information and records, including the master plan.
Also, junior project managers play a critical role in conflict resolution; they identify the human resource requirement and recruit the project team to meet the project’s scope, ensuring that the project management process is well planned, properly executed, and well-organized.
Junior Project Manager Job Description Sample
The role of a junior project manager is to assist the project lead in running a large project. As a project manager, the primary function is to contact the project stakeholders, including the employees, vendors, project lead, and the customer. The junior project manager is critical at every project stage and works with different teams. For instance, if an unforeseen event might lead to project delay like unfavorable legislation, the junior project manager is the first to identify this unexpected event and its impact on the project completion duration.
Owing to their thorough understanding of project management, the junior project manager will estimate the extra time required and communicate this information with the project lead to request a project extension.
Similarly, the junior project manager will communicate with the head of finance to determine the financial impact of project delays like extra wages and salaries. Thus, the junior project manager must be highly collaborative to present the required information promptly.
Junior Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Understand the project scope, budget, duration and create the project requirements needed to complete the project.
- Supervise lower project manager levels, such as assistants and associates.
- Schedule and conduct project meetings to communicate the team members’ roles, project expectations, and deliverables and ensure the project team has the tools and training required to perform the project’s task.
- Monitor the projects regularly to evaluate the progress, quality, management issues emerging, and any events that might cause a delay in project completion.
- Safeguard and maintain all the quality documents and data to ensure project integrity is enhanced.
- Identify areas of conflict of interest, which might hinder project implementation and propose possible solutions to the conflict of interest.
- Develop project plans and enhance adherence to the project plans to ensure project quality is maintained.
- Design the project methodologies and deliverables and monitor all teams to enhance adherence to the best-identified methodology.
- Identify project risks and prepare risk mitigation measures to enhance full utilization of project resources.
- Maintain a good working relationship with project vendors to enhance quality and timely delivery of supplies.
Junior Project Manager Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in project management or business administration.
- Certified junior in project management.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Competence in IT, particularly in standard project management tools like PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with strict datelines
- Ability to work under pressure and complete project within a set duration and budget.
- Conflict resolution skills.
Junior Project Manager Reports to
What’s the Salary of an Junior Project Manager ?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Junior Project Manager is $38,719/year in the USA, while the average salary is $57,462, and the higher paid ones make $95,686.
This Junior Project Manager job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for your and your company’s hirings purposes and goals.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Associate Project Manage job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.