As online life grows, more purchases are made through eCommerce, and more time is spent online. While many companies are transitioning from the traditional to the digital world, having a website administrator can save time.
The website administrator will take care of technical issues and improvements while being an essential part of the company’s online growth.
Without further ado, let’s learn more about their rules and responsibilities.
What is a Website Administrator?
The website administrator is the technical professional who maintains the website.
With thorough knowledge and understanding of website development and maintenance, the website administrator ensures that the website functionality, usability, navigability, and visibility are done properly.
Thus, the website administrator works with the website developer to ensure the web design process is done with the organization’s needs and requirements in mind.
What Is The Job of a Website Administrator?
The website administrator must perform a range of administrative tasks whose main objective is to ensure the website operates as expected.
Some of the critical roles performed by the website administrator include designing the website, developing the website, assisting in website maintenance, troubleshooting when there are problems, and building servers.
Further, the website administrator creates and updates the website content to ensure the content is in harmony with the organization’s overall objectives.
Additionally, the website administrator is responsible for creating website security protocols, implementing security protocols, creating the backup, resolving system issues like bugs, tweaking the website design, adding or removing some website sections, and tweaking the website to ensure that critical website parts remain visible.
The website administrators report to the IT head and perform a critical role in ensuring an organization’s online presence.
While their job can be done remotely, they must be accessible at all times to sort out any website issues like downtime, particularly in high-traffic websites.
The website administrators must also train other employees to deal with problems requiring instant solutions like do-it-yourself troubleshoot.
Also, to ensure that the website functionality, visibility, and ranking are maintained, the website administrator educates all employees on best practices to ensure the website remains visible and high ranking on search engine results.
Website Administrator job Description Sample
The primary role of a website developer is working with the website developer to support the web site’s functionality, visibility, accessibility, and ranking. Thus, they are responsible for all the aspects of ensuring the website content and design are great.
Also, the website administer must the website data and information is backed up. For instance, when an organization is designing a website, it is the website administrator’s job to communicate the organization’s needs and expectations to the website development team.
Throughout the website design process, the website administrator acts as a liaison between the organization and the design team, ensuring the all the website requirements on paper are translated to actual performance measures on the website.
Further, the website administrator ensures that all the technical aspects of the website are communicated to the management to reduce conflicts between the website development team and the management,
Website Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Identifying and addressing the usability problems likely to affect the user experience.
- Track, compile, and document the traffic website to determine if there is a positive return on investment.
- Developing the documentation needed to roll out the website experience.
- Identify the software, packages, or other programs required to improve the user experience.
- Collaborating with the website development team to discuss the system requirements and usability issues.
- Developing the procedures required for continued website revision and maintenance.
- Setting up and maintaining the control tools and procedures for accessing the website and maintaining the servers.
- Document the website installation, configuration, and launching to ensure all the steps are accessible for future reference.
- Recommending the site improvement required to enhance user experience.
- Developing a training manual for employees, customers, and other stakeholders interacting with the website.
- Documenting and filing the backup and the required recovery steps and plans in the event of system or website failure.
- Determine the sources of web traffic and put in place measures to improve user experience in crucial traffic sources.
Website Administrator Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with a specialization in computer programming.
- Proven work experience in website development and website administrator
- Competence in common programming languages including JAVA, HTML, Python, SQL, CSS, and others.
- Certification from the industry leaders like Microsoft Certified solutions experts, oracle Linux system administrator, and Red Hat Certified engineer.
- Great leadership skills with the ability to attract, mentor, and retain junior system administrators.
Website Administrator Reports To
- Director Of IT
How Much Does a Website Administrator Make?
Based on an average of seven job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Website Administrator is $41,188/year in the USA, while the average salary is $64,568, and the higher paid ones make $107,142.
Online presence is a critical component of every digital media strategy. As many companies transition from the traditional world to the digital, the website administrator becomes a key figure to drive organization and security to a company’s website.
This job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to use this outline for your company’s hirings purposes and goals. Do not republish this job description for commercial purposes or in blog posts.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Website Administrator job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.