An Assistant Project Manager is a professional who checks all the project work being done, tracking the completion and deliverability of the projects. They usually work with the Project Manager, who leads teams to accomplish project tasks, timelines, and achieve business goals.
What does an Assistant Project Manager do?
An assistant project manager assists in overall management, supervision, quality control checks, and project inspection. They also assist their seniors with building projects from concepts.
The assistant project manager has to work with the director of project management along with scheduling and handling different assignments and project meetings.
The assistant project manager manages and oversees projects, creating and delivering written reports of the same.
The assistant project manager reviews and manages the project submissions and the projects’ budgets, as needed. He/She also prepares monthly invoices for the owners to analyze and approve.
They ensure to get a quality check of all the work being done, tracking the completion and deliverability of the projects.
The project assistant’s goal is to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of a project for the team.
Assistant Project Manager Job Description Sample
An assistant project manager will coordinate activities of the project with the Project Manager or other superintendents to ensure quality standards, costs, schedule, and document control to meet the requirements.
The assistant project manager will have to take upon different roles depending upon the various projects while working effectively and efficiently with the clients, architects, subcontractors, and co-workers.
The assistant project manager will have to prepare reports daily, weekly, and monthly to discuss the project’s status in detail.
The assistant project manager assists in expediting prompt payments and invoices through owners and subcontractors.
Assists in the changes and negotiation of orders to prepare revisions to the subcontractors and others.
Assistant Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Assist in scheduling meetings and preparing minutes and agendas for the meeting.
- Review project implementation and gather data on project execution.
- Assign duties to staff to implement project goals, as needed.
- Work directly under the supervision of the managing director to implement business strategies in order to meet the project goals.
- Meet the set deadlines to ensure timely project execution.
- Assist in financial cost management of the project and keep a check on the risk management of the project’s progressions and budget.
- Assist in getting subcontractors and preparing their agreements and purchase orders, and managing the subcontractors’ orders.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project, including tools, equipment, subcontractors, materials, etc., for a successful implementation.
- Maintain a formal and professional level of communication with the association and the team of executives, subcontractors, and other levels that follow.
- Oversee variable aspects of projects and provide direct assistance to ensure timely project execution
Assistant Project Manager Skills/Abilities/Knowledge
- A bachelor’s degree in project management or a related/ equivalent degree in the same field.
- 1-5 years of experience in the hiring industry.
- Expert-level experience with computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and macOS.
- Working knowledge of necessary industry-related tools
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with good leadership skills.
- Highly skilled in negotiation and budgeting.
- Problem solving ability to draw conflicts and coordinate with project consultants.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time.
- Working knowledge of general project management processes.
- Knowledge of project management software solutions
Assistant Project Manager Reports to
What’s the Salary of an Assistant Project Manager ?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of an Assistant Project Manager is $70,929/year in the USA, while the average salary is $69,391, and the higher paid ones make $130,652.
This Assistant Project Manager job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for your and your company’s hirings purposes and goals.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Associate Project Manage job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.