A digital media specialist is a vital job position in any company. And in today’s business environment, it has become even important.
After all, companies need an expert who understands the digital world like the back of his hand. And that’s where the digital media specialist comes in. Let’s take a closer look at the position.
What Is a Digital Media Specialist Position?
A digital media specialist works closely with the marketing and communication team. He starts by setting out a path for digital campaigns. He also takes inputs from the content and design team.
It is a job position that requires excellent organizational skills. But a digital media specialist has to work independently as well, and that’s why the position also requires an innovative mindset.
The position needs the person to stay in touch with digital trends and new technology. Also, he should be able to learn the latest tools quickly. In a nutshell, it is a job position that needs a person to be on their toes. Only then can he stand a chance of staying on top of the competition.
What Does a Digital Media Specialist Do?
A digital media specialist creates and manages campaigns using his knowledge of digital tools and the market. He then uses his organizational skills to manage them. The digital media specialist leads all the new media and digital campaigns for the company. He works with the marketing and communication team. As a result, he has to play a good communicator—someone who can portray his ideas clearly and concisely.
In today’s business world, the role of a digital media specialist is crucial. He fills in the senior management on the performance of the digital campaigns. And he’s always looking for ways to improve these campaigns. The end goal of a digital media specialist is to increase customer engagement.
Digital Media Specialist Job Description
The job of a digital media specialist is to create, manage, and review media campaigns. He is key to every single stage of the process, and he also has to work with various teams.
So, for example, the product team gives him insight into new launches. Similarly, the IT team helps him integrate the campaigns into various media channels and so on.
A digital media specialist stays in constant touch with senior management. That’s why he also needs people skills.
Excellent knowledge of digital media platforms and tools is not enough. The job also needs good management skills. After all, one also has to play the role of a leader.
Digital Media Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Work with senior management to create multi-channel media campaigns.
- Assist the social media, PR, and creative content teams in choosing the right platform for their messaging.
- Stay updated with the latest trends in the digital media field.
- Write optimized content for the company’s website and follow up on its performance.
- Ensure that the brand has a consistent voice across all the media platforms.
- Check the performance of digital media campaigns and suggest changes where necessary.
- Make good use of platforms such as YouTube and Instagram to raise brand awareness.
- Stay updated with social media platform guidelines and create campaigns according to them.
- Collaborate with sales and product teams to get insight on upcoming products.
- Ensure that all digital campaigns are in line with the company’s vision and goals.
Digital Media Specialist Skills/Abilities/Knowledge
- A Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communication, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a digital media specialist.
- Good knowledge of the latest digital media trends and technologies.
- Knowledge of web designs and the content should go along with them to have an impact.
- Basic budgeting knowledge to ensure digital media campaigns don’t exceed the budget.
- Advanced knowledge of Google campaign manager and other web analytics tools.
- Knowledge of designing software such as Photoshop and InDesign.
- The ability to work on several projects at once and deliver good results.
- The ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Additional qualifications in design, film, or animation will be a plus.
- The ability to learn new techniques and tools quickly to keep up with the changing digital world.
The Digital Media Specialist Reports to:
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Media Manager
- Or Marketing Manager
What’s the Salary of a Digital Media Specialist?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Digital Media Specialist is $32,787/year in the USA, while the average salary is $ 47,754, and the higher paid ones make $72,847.
To accomplish their responsibilities, a Digital Media Specialist is expected to have expertise who understands the digital world very well. It requires a person to understand the latest digital media trends and technologies.
This Digital Media Specialist Analyst job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s purposes and goals.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Digital Media Specialist job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.