An Associate Project Manager is a professional who supports the various projects of the company. They usually work with the Project Manager, who leads teams to accomplish project tasks, timelines, and achieve business goals.
What does an Associate Project Manager do?
The Associate Project Manager manages the development of the entire workflow market between the two following hands, that of the customer and the business.
He/She carries project management and supports duties at the workplace.
The Associate Project Manager has to work with the director of Project management along with scheduling and handling different assignments and project meetings.
As a result, he/she ensures to get a quality check of all the work being done, tracking the completion and deliverability of the projects.
The Associate Project Manager’s end output ensures the effectiveness and efficiency of a project for the team.
Associate Project Manager Job Description Sample
The job of an Associate Project Manager demands having excellent management skills with being a quick problem solver.
The person should have a rational, analytical approach for the decision-making process towards the Project development.
An ideal Associate Project Manager reviews and edits projects, communicates with the team, solves the Project’s hindering concepts, proposes, and takes all major & minor improvements for the project efficiency.
Researching and analyzing the required resources to line up the project team on project scope is also one of the key roles of the Associate Project Manager.
Associate Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage strategic planning assigned by the senior director of Project management.
- Synchronize all Project related reports from the start, including planning, gathering information and resources, project execution tracking and resolving, maintenance to a formalized project closure.
- Manage multiple teams and assign work activities, including research, analysis, development, and testing of designs, issue resolutions, status reporting, implementation, documentation, training, etc.
- Coordinate with project teams to have a check on the regular deliveries of the assigned projects.
- Execute quality checks on the assigned projects by taking regular updates on the reports, project analysis, presentations.
- Evaluate all the Project’s progressions and suggest or recommend improvements to make the work efficient.
- Oversee budget management and meet the client’s requirements as needed.
- Strong planning, organization, and customer-focused leadership skills are a must to ensure minimal negligence.
- Assist and coordinate with the team in discussing project development, costing, benefits, adjusting timing, and reducing financial risk impact.
Associate Project Manager Skills/Abilities/Knowledge
- A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, information technology management or in a similar related field.
- At Least 2 years of experience in Project management support.
- Should have prior expertise in managing a team or more than one teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills are required.
- Well aware of analytics and computers to prepare presentations and databases. Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools like Excel and Microsoft Planner is strongly preferred.
- Requirement of field services experience
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Knowledge of regularly used templates, practices, concepts and procedures in the project management field.
- Ability to work under pressure and targeted deadlines, among regularly occurring projects and shifting tasks.
- Extensive knowledge in managing budgets, finances, accounting concepts and practices of a project.
- Good observant skills with great decision-making ability.
Associate Project Manager Reports to
What’s the Salary of an Associate Project Manager ?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of an Associate Project Manager is $70,929/year in the USA, while the average salary is $69,391, and the higher paid ones make $130,652.
This Associate Project Manager job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for your and your company’s hirings purposes and goals.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Associate Project Manage job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.