Are you thinking of becoming a freelancer? You are not alone if you are. There has been a sharp increase in the number of people opting for freelancing. Freelancers will also find themselves in demand in the future. The world we live in today is a connected one. And freelancing has become a viable career option. Here, we will discuss how to list freelance work on LinkedIn. But before that, we will talk a little bit more about freelancing.
Why would someone choose to work as a freelancer? After all, there are countless jobs out there, and they pay well. Self-employment appeals to some people more than others.
Freelancing gives you the freedom you won’t get in a full-time job. This is one of the many benefits of working as a freelancer. We will talk about the benefits of freelancing in detail.
Linkedin is one of the best platforms for recruiters and job seekers. Everybody who has ever been on LinkedIn will agree to that. But is it any good for freelancers?
Sponsored Content - Posts And Ads You May Like:
If it is, how can you list freelance work on Linkedin? These are the questions we will answer for you in this article.
Benefits of Freelancing
Freelancing has come a long way in recent years. The opportunities you can get today as a freelancer are immense. It is understandable why people are afraid of working as a freelancer.
It is nowhere near as reliable as a full-time job. In freelancing, you earn as long as you get clients. But if you play your cards right, you are going to love freelancing. Now, let’s move on to other benefits of freelancing.
- Flexibility is the most significant advantage of working as a freelancer. While freelancing, you can work from anywhere as long as you have good internet. You can work while on a trip, sipping coffee in an ambient café. This flexibility appeals the most to millennials. You get the same flexibility when it comes to working hours. You can choose when to start working and when to call it a day.
- As a freelancer, you can choose who you want to work with, which is impossible in a full-time job! Freelancers have complete control over their professional engagements. If they do not like a client, they can flat out refuse to work with them.
- Freelancing also gives you room for cost-cutting. After all, freelancers often choose to work from home. You won’t have to drive to your workplace every day. You can also save on food by taking some time out to cook. This freedom of choice attracts so many to freelancing.
- Freelancers work on various projects. They can choose to work in several industries at once. As a freelancer, you choose industries you want to work in. So, you can work in one industry or decide to take up work from other industries. Think about it, do you have the same exposure in a full-time job?
Is Listing Freelance Work on LinkedIn Any Good For Freelancers?
Freelancers always have to present their work uniquely. They need to stand out from the crowd to keep getting projects. After all, freelancers do not have a brand name backing them.
As a freelancer, you must slowly build your brand. You have to have your way of gaining your client’s trust.
LinkedIn is great for recruiters, job seekers, and business owners. But is it any good for freelancers to list their work on LinkedIn? Some would say its format did not suit freelancers. And this was a valid criticism of LinkedIn. But this is not the case anymore.
Over the years, LinkedIn has made a host of changes to its format. It has become a lot more flexible. LinkedIn has also brought in changes to make it more visual. And these changes suit freelancers and entrepreneurs.
If you are a freelancer, now is a great time to be on LinkedIn. Let’s find out why! And is it worth knowing how to list freelance work on LinkedIn?
How to List Freelance Work on LinkedIn?
There are several ways to list freelance work on LinkedIn. The professional social network can prove to be the game-changer for your freelance business. We have already talked about how efficient LinkedIn posts can be.
But how can you list freelance work on LinkedIn? And how can you do it effectively? Let’s find out! After all, there are some exciting ways to list freelance work on LinkedIn.
As a freelancer, you must use LinkedIn posts, as it is like a personal blog space that will reach the people of your industry. Especially if you are a writer, you cannot afford to miss out on LinkedIn posts. Even if you are running some other freelance business, LinkedIn posts are sure to help you grow.
LinkedIn posts are a great way to catch eyeballs. If you are regular with your posts, you stay connected to your industry. The key is to keep posting and interacting with your clients. At the same time, you should not overdo it with your LinkedIn posts. But if you use it well, LinkedIn posts can give your freelance business the backing it needs!
Attach PDF Samples of Your Work
You can attach PDF samples of your work in job history. Many people don’t even know that they can do it. Clients looking to hire someone can go through your work. And if they like your work, they will contact you right away. This is how effective a simple PDF on your profile can be!
Do you have your work samples on your profile? If not, go and attach your best work on your profile! And you will start noticing the positive effects soon.
Add Client Testimonials
Client testimonials have become so important these days. If you have a bunch of client testimonials on your side, you seem more credible. You can add testimonials in the about section in your LinkedIn profile. If you have been freelancing for a while, you must have clients you have served well. Write an excellent testimonial and ask your clients if you can post them on their behalf.
Freelancers who have been working for a while can use this tip. If you are starting, you can put testimonials on your profile when you have worked for a few clients. It is as good as listing freelance work on LinkedIn.
Interact Via Posts and Comments
We have already talked about the importance of LinkedIn posts. As a freelancer, you must effectively use your posts and comments. Engage as much as possible on the platform. You can talk about the innovative solutions you can offer. Comment on people’s posts who belong to your industry.
Above all, LinkedIn is all about expanding your network. Especially when it comes to LinkedIn posts and comments, they can certainly help you achieve the goal of networking on the platform.
Your Headline Is Vital
Your headline is one of the first things visible on your profile. It is right next to your name and location. You cannot afford to have a lifeless headline. As a freelancer, you have to stand apart for prospects to notice you. Do not make the mistake of using cliché headlines.
It would be best if you talk about solving your client’s problem. Your headline should paint a picture wherein you are solving your client’s problem with ease. If you manage to put out a good headline, people will notice you.
Pay Attention to the Featured Section
The featured section on your LinkedIn profile is an important one. You can use this feature to showcase your notable efforts. It will help you promote your freelance business. But you have to ensure that you use it to perfection. Link your best work in the featured section to make a good impression. And as a freelancer, making a good impression is key!
Do you want to know more secrets about LinkedIn? Check out all our topics about it:
- Add Interests on LinkedIn: How To Do It To Find A Job?
- How To Remove a LinkedIn Connection Discreetly?
- Why And How To Tag Someone On LinkedIn?
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Learning Subscription? 7 Simple Steps
- Cancel LinkedIn Premium Subscriptions In A Few Simple Steps
- How and Why You Should Customize LinkedIn URL
- How to Hide LinkedIn Profile? When Should You Do It?
- How To Block Someone On LinkedIn?
- Saved Jobs on LinkedIn. Manage & Save Jobs For Job Searching
- Found You Via LinkedIn Profile: What Does It Mean?
- How To List Freelance Work On LinkedIn?
- 11 Easy Steps To Get Over 500 LinkedIn Connections
- Open To Work On LinkedIn: All You Need To Know
Get Started With Your Freelancing Journey
Do those benefits appeal to you? Do you want flexible working hours and the freedom that comes with it? It would be best if you started your freelancing journey.
LinkedIn is a great place to start. If you are freelancing for a while, LinkedIn can give you the exposure you have been lacking. You can stay in touch with your industry and keep growing as a freelancer. All you need to do is engage more with prospects.
Now, you know how to list freelance work on LinkedIn. So, have you started on your freelancing journey? Or are you planning to become a freelancer? Don’t worry; there are a lot of opportunities out there.
All you need to do is use platforms like LinkedIn to good effect. If you do that, you are on your way to becoming a busy freelancer! And your dream of being your own boss is within reach!