Media Production Manager is involved in different media forms. They should have solid experience in the media field. In addition to a formal qualification, they are expected to have practical experience in production, including editing, recording, filming, and lighting.
Let’s take a look at the details about this position.
What is a Media Production Manager?
Media Production Manager is the dream job of many cinema enthusiasts. Media Production Managers are involved in program products from planning, scheduling, filming to final production and budget reports. They work behind the scenes in video, radio, television, and movies.
Media Production Manager will review programs and scripts to figure out the budget estimates and initial schedules. Furthermore, they should access the resources required to succeed in a program like equipment, crews, props, studio facilities, or actors.
A media production manager should also possess excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude. They should multitask and execute a series of projects under deadlines. Also, they should be creative and have an eye for detail.
What does a Media Production Manager do?
A Media Production Manager is expected to perform the roles and responsibilities related to the planning and execution of art production.
They will plan, organize, and implement instructional and creative video production per the client’s requirements by partnering and working with various production management, directors, and producers.
As managers, they have to monitor and manage the timelines, crews, location, and talent responsibilities. They are responsible for managing, gathering, scheduling content, bug fixes, site roll-out, and developing a site.
They also have to manage and schedule resources as per media production expectations.
They will develop a strong relationship with customers, post-production, site production, external vendors, and management to implement high-quality products, keeping the transparency in work while seeking advice and input from staff and seniors. The interaction with senior management, publishers, and editors is vital for this position.
In the following paragraphs, we will outline the job description based on these necessary activities of the Media Production Manager.
Media Production Manager Job Description
The Media Production process involves many management and administration right from the pre-production stage to the end of the shoot. Ensuring a smooth production process requires proper administration at every single step.
The Media Production Manager primarily works with budgeting and accounting responsibilities through the production process.
The suitable candidate will have administrative experience working in a fast-paced production environment. They should have worked with the cast and crew well-lead to give the best results on the screen.
The media production manager’s major duties and responsibilities include administering the shooting process, scouting for locations, and overseeing transportation and accommodation for the cast and crew.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate should be willing to work in a challenging environment driven by the hunger for the best output.
Media Production Manager Job Responsibilities:
The Media production manager is in charge of:
- Scout locations for the shoot and prepare availability reports.
- Make all the financial arrangements required to secure the chosen location for the production process to begin.
- Work in collaboration with the producers to prepare a shooting schedule based on all the key members involved.
- Keep a tab on the shooting dates and informing the cast and crew accordingly.
- Take care of all the formalities concerning the shooting locations and the production process, so it moves ahead without any stoppages.
- Create a production budget including the expenses for everything right from the personnel, locations, and the equipment used.
- Interact with the producers regarding the budget and keeping them informed about the financial viability of the project.
- Assist in the recruitment process for crew members and stay in constant touch with them to provide constructive feedback.
- Solve any production issues on the set regarding the location or personnel to ensure a fast-paced and efficient production process.
- Take care of the transportation and accommodation for all the cast and crew and ensuring that no issues arise.
- Be available to solve any issues regarding the personnel, location, or equipment used in the production process.
- Keep a tab on the production equipment and staying in touch with the suppliers ensures quick delivery when necessary.
- Prepare the daily production report detailing how the day’s production process went and suggesting any changes or improvements that can be made to make it smoother.
- Organizational skills are a must for any good media production manager to administer the production process that involves several individuals playing distinct roles.
- Accounting and budgeting skills are also necessary to keep track of the production budget.
- People skills are also required as the media production manager must maintain a good working relationship with equipment suppliers and people responsible for the shooting locations.
- Keeping a tab on the rules and regulations and ensuring that none of them are broken during the production process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts management, journalism and mass communication, media studies, and other related fields such as theatre.
- A significant working experience in a fast-paced production environment.
The Media Production Manager Reports To:
How much does a Media Production Manager Make?
Based on an average of four job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Media Production Manager is $46,369/year in the USA, while the average salary is $76,290/, and the higher paid ones make $97,777.
The Media Production Manager’s job involves working outdoors and indoors as per the project requirements. They should show flexibility in their schedules and passion for their work.
Apart from scheduling responsibilities and budgeting, Media Production Manager handles numerous administrative tasks. They also ensure the safety and health regulations of the production team.
This Media Production Manager job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to copy, alter, and use this outline for you and your company’s purposes and goals.
Make sure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this Media Production Manager job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.