With the more advanced technology, the company needs to have web development. A web developer is a professional computer programmer who primarily deals with website design. They create unique designs and user-friendly applications. Generally, they get support from back-end developers, who carry out server applications reasoning and align web developers’ working end.
Their responsibility is to interact with clients, identify their challenges, and optimize the website for smartphone and computer users. Also, they conduct the test to ensure the string codes are functioning perfectly.
What Job Does a Front-End Developer Do?
A front-end web developer creates advanced tools to enhance user-friendly software and applications. They optimize the web pages and manage and maintain brand consistency across all pages. They collaborate with graphic designers, back-end web developers, and user experience designers to ensure perfect results. They should possess good communication skills, both spoken and handwritten, and interpersonal skills.
Front-End Developer Job Description sample.
In today’s world, technology is everything. At least 80% of people globally access social media sites and applications. Most of these organizations have front-end developers working daily to advance the user application. The front-end developer must have extensive programming and designer skills.
They listen to the company’s needs and know what the client wants and adhere to their needs through their extensive knowledge.
They create, design, customize and optimize the website as required. This will enable users to find what they need with efficiency, speed, and user-friendliness.
The Responsibilities of a Front-End Developer
- Develop, design, implement and maintain new technical features
- Create and update tools to enhance the user-friendly experience for web users
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed
- Collaborate with end-web developer and design to ensure consistency
- Provide clients with solutions when there is the challenge
- Maintain the company website
- Manage all software engineering activities in the company
- Create quality mockups and designer prototypes
- Provide quality visual elements and designs
- Ensure the website is accessible from anywhere
- Conduct testing of website to determine speed, and all quality factors
- Repair computers whenever they have a bug
- Fix servers when they are down
- Attend software engineering meetings and conferences to be updated on advanced technology features
- Promote usability best practices
- Provide new designs ideas
- Write reusable codes and libraries
- Validate inputs before submitting them to back-end developers
- Design mobile web features
Experience and skills of a Front-End Developer
- Experience in front-end development projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Good communication skills, both spoken and handwritten
- In-depth understanding of software engineering
- Experience in programming languages
- Experience in mark-up languages
- Extensive analytic skills
- Proficient in coding
- Ability to lead, contribute and participate in teamwork
- Proficient SEO and SEO tools
- High-quality designing skills
- Knowledge of some of the software
- Problem-solving skills
Front-End Developer Reports To
- Senior Front End Developer
- Web Development Manager
How Much Does a Front-End Developer Make?
Based on an average of five job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a front-end web developer is $65,943/year in the USA, while the average salary is $94,229, and the higher paid ones make $144,743.
This front-end developer job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to use this outline for your company’s hiring purposes and goals. Do not republish this job description for commercial purposes or in blog posts.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvements you suggest to this front-end developer job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any other similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.