With the increasing social media penetration, the social media coordinator is increasingly becoming critical. The social media coordinator plans, organize, executes, and supervises the organization’s social media strategy to ensure the achievement of digital strategy.
The organization’s digital strategy aims to increase online presence, boost brand awareness, increase sales, enhance customer engagement, create company awareness, and drive traffic to the site.
Thus, by working closely with the digital media strategist, the social media coordinator plans to enhance the online presence across different social media platforms. Also, by working with the marketing team, the social media coordinator developed a social media campaign to complement the marketing activities.
What Does A Social Media Coordinator Do?
The ultimate aim of a social media coordinator is to increase an organization’s online presence and drive traffic to a company’s website.
The social media coordinator creates engaging content for the company’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Thus, to effectively steer the content creation, the social media coordinator must understand digital content like blog posts, videos, articles, and memes and how this content works on different social media platforms. Besides creating and posting content on the company’s pages, the social media coordinator must engage with the company followers to respond to their questions, complaints, compliments, or concerns.
Further, the social media coordinator must grow the company’s followers across the different social media platforms by pursuing the most effective strategy, like giving fee vouchers, doing Q&A sessions, or hosting significant live events on the company’s platform.
The social media coordinator must thoroughly understand the changing customer trends and create content that responds to the changes. Creativity and innovation are required in this role as the content creation must be interesting, engaging, informative, and can initiate conversations among followers.
Social Media Coordinator Job Description Sample
The primary goal of a social media coordinator is to plan, create and execute the social media strategy to achieve the organization’s goals. Let’s say the company’s primary objective is to grow its social media presence by increasing the number of followers.
The social media coordinator will design the best content that appeals to demographics across the medial social platforms.
Further, the social media coordinator will also work with the marketing team to understand the priorities or strategies of the month and include these priorities in the digital marketing plan. The social media coordinator must work with every department to bring inclusion to the digital marketing plan.
Social Media Coordinator Job Responsibilities
• Understand the organization’s critical KPI(Key performance indicators) and define the strategies to meet the KPI using the different social media platforms.
• Collaborating with marketers, designers, copywriters, and other content creators to provide informative, engaging, and exciting content.
• Monitoring all content posted on the company’s social media pages.
• Tracking the performance of the different content in meeting the organization’s objectives.
• Updating the organization on trends, insights, data, or any relevant social space changes that impact the organization’s operation.
• Tracking customer engagements like complaints, questions, concerns, or any relevant feedback and ensuring that they are responded to promptly.
• Establishing solid relationships with industry leaders and influencers to improve the organization’s online presence.
• Recruitment, training, mentoring, and guiding other social media marketers to ensure brand consistency in marketing.
• Identify the organization’s key target audience and develop marketing plans to meet this customer’s needs.
• Collaborating with the SEO (Search engine optimization) and SEM manager to create content that enhances website ranking.
• By analyzing the key metrics on social media, the social media coordinator can provide a return on investment in the social media campaign.
• Staying on top of industry trends and adjusting the company campaign.
Social Media Coordinator Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing.
• Experience creating highly engaging content across different social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
• Proficiency in social media analytics or content management software like Hoot site.
• Experience with online marketing plan design, implementation, and tracking.
• Great analytical and communication skills.
• Creativity and ability to adapt swiftly to changing trends,
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Social Media Coordinator Reports To
- Social Media Manager
- Marketing Manager
What’s the Salary of a Social Media Coordinator?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Social Media Coordinator is $27,951/year in the USA. In contrast, the average salary is $44,559, and the higher-paid ones make $66,967.
This Social Media Coordinator job description sample will help you create a job application to attract the best-qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to use this outline for your company’s job posting. Do not use it for blogs or other commercial purposes.