Project Assistant Job Description
A Project Assistant works with the Project Manager following directives in a support role. They ensure communication between all relevant parties. Their responsibilities include administrative functions, supervising projects in progress, arrangement for a meeting, presentations, and training. They provide support to ensure aspects of a project are dully attended to and completed at the right time, despite of setbacks encountered.
Let’s take a closer look at this job position.
What is a Project Assistant?
Project management is the scientific approach used in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the organization’s resources to achieve a certain pre-determined objective. The objective of project management can be launching a new product, starting a new office location, or starting a new branch. The resources to be managed in project management include finances, people, technology, or any other resource whose supply is limited. For all the activities in a project to flow seamlessly, the project manager must direct, control, organize and supervise all resources and activities. The role of a project assistant is to act as a liaison between the project manager and the project, to enhance coordination, supervision, control, and distribution of limited resources.
Thus, the project assistant’s main role is to provide support and enhance a balance between time, scope, and the project budget. Working under the supervision of the project manager, the project assistant coordinates the daily activities to ensure the project goals are met within budget and on time. Thus, the project assistant is the project manager’s point-man in any project ensuring that the activities in a project are duly executed and counter any challenges encountered during the project course.
Project Assistant Job Description Responsibilities
- Carrying out administrative duties like data collection, data sorting, and organizing the data to present the decision-maker with the right tools to make informed decisions.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure productivity
- Supervising the project progress to ensure that issues and challenges related to the project are identified, sorted, and presented to the relevant authorities
- Recording all the project items like milestones, labor, costs, challenges and how they were resolved, and other critical information to be used by the project manager and directors in decision making.
- Organize meetings, presentations, seminars, training, and other events and ensure that all members of the department are invited and well-informed.
- Attend meetings with directors and record all the deliberations during the meeting.
- Write letters and correspondence to all relevant bodies, and ensure the communication is properly documented for referencing and ease of retrieval.
- Maintaining contact with all stakeholders including suppliers, regulatory organizations, and investors.
- Drafting the project proposal ideas and presenting them to the director for approval and implementation
Project Assistant Skills/Abilities/Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Project management or any business-related field.
- Industry knowledge to give direction, guidance, and leadership in the execution of daily activities.
- A great negotiator; must understand when to compromise, collaborate, or engage in a cut-throat competition with other players to get things done.
- Strong problem-solving skills to know how to identify and solve such problems.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Effective time management and scheduling skills
- Should be detail-oriented
- Analytical skills.
- Great communication skills
Project Assistant Reports to
- Project Manager
- Project Administrator
How much is the Salary of a Project Assistant?
Based on an average of six job search/salary research websites, the starting salary of a Product Assistant is $31,517 per year, while the median salary is $39,427, and the higher paid ones is $67,774.
To become a successful Project Assistant, you should have the right skills required and a thorough understanding of the products, processes, technology, and industry jargon. Being in this position prepares the candidate for progressing into administrative and project management duties.
This job description sample will help you create a job application to attract qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to use this outline for your company’s hiring purposes and goals.
Ensure to send your comments and needs for whatever improvement you suggest to this job description. Also, let us know if you need help on any similar job posting, and we will post it here as soon as possible.